At the Best Western Premier Chateau Granville Hotel & Suits & Conference Centre, we believe our people are our most important asset and we strive to recognize each employee's efforts and contributions through frequent praise and individual recognition. Here, you’ll find more than just another job. You’ll enjoy the encouragement, support and resources you need to realize unlimited personal and professional growth in the hotel industry.
In addition to excellent benefits, salaries and a supportive and welcoming work environment, a job at our hotel offers abundant opportunity for advancement. If you are interested in joining our team, we invite you to contact us to learn more about currently open jobs.
When submitting your application, please be as specific as possible about which positions are of interest to you. You may apply at any time for any positions and your application will remain active in our files for a period of six months.
The Hotel Controller monitors the financials of the hotel and identifies opportunities for cost savings.
CONTROLLER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Works with General Manager to ensure budgets are being met
· Provides timely, accurate, complete and relevant financial information to ensure accurate rolling forecasts and support other financial planning
· Assumes full accountability for all financial reporting
· Maintains regular communication with General Manager to ensure timely updates
· Builds & leads accounting team
· Prepares supporting information for group controller and external auditors; and conducts internal audits as necessary
· Establishes, implements or improves financial controls in conjunction with department managers
· Leads the review and improvement of period reporting including month end management reporting, financial statements reporting to group controller ownership
· Analyzes, reviews and provides an interpretation of financial information that drives discussions and actions within the business, such as budgeting & capital investments
· Advises senior management on initiatives to reduce costs, maximize profits and optimize budgets
· Allocates and directs financial resources to implements organizational policies, programs and processes
· Ensures ongoing compliance with all rules and regulations
ACCOUNTANT KEY RESONSIBILITES
· The Controller responsibilities consist of being responsible for a wide variety of tasks including payroll, journal entries, bank reconciliations, account analysis, month end, etc. You will have experience in general accounting as well as a proven track record in a dynamic and fluid organization.
· Other duties as required
· Accredited Accounting designation preferred
· Minimum of 2+ years of corporate controller experience
· Experience in hospitality sector preferred
· Proven ability and track record of implementing financial structure and policies for day-to-day accounting functions while maintaining a strategic view on business goals and future
· Ability to work under pressure with changing priorities
· Proven success in training, development of others, and leading and building strong stable teams
· Strong professional and work ethics, self-motivated, accountable and results oriented
· Perform routine building maintenance duties, including painting, minor electrical repairs, plumbing, carpentry etc.
· Clean interior and exterior of the building
· Comply with all safety and health regulations
· Diagnose and troubleshoot issues
· Must be available to work a variety of hours, including weekends as needed
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org