At the Best Western Premier Chateau Granville Hotel & Suits & Conference Centre, we believe our people are our most important asset and we strive to recognize each employee's efforts and contributions through frequent praise and individual recognition. Here, you’ll find more than just another job. You’ll enjoy the encouragement, support and resources you need to realize unlimited personal and professional growth in the hotel industry.
In addition to excellent benefits, salaries and a supportive and welcoming work environment, a job at our hotel offers abundant opportunity for advancement. If you are interested in joining our team, we invite you to contact us to learn more about currently open jobs.
When submitting your application, please be as specific as possible about which positions are of interest to you. You may apply at any time for any positions and your application will remain active in our files for a period of six months.
EMAIL ADDRESS: SGELHAN@CHATEAUGRANVILLE.COM
GUEST SERVICE AGENT
Vancouver, Full time / Part time
As a Guest Service Agent with Best Western Premier Chateau Granville Vancouver, you have the opportunity to provide a welcome experience like no other. Your personalized greeting, care in Guest room selection and knowledge of the hotel will ensure our Guest have a lasting memory of their visit.
Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
· Greet, check in and settle guest accounts while ensuring all service standards are followed
· Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
· Respond to each Guest who approaches the Reception Desk
· Accurately registers all guests arriving at the hotel in compliance with hotel credit and identification policy.
· Performs credit card verification’s, when declined contacts guest for alternative payment arrangements.
· Room block all VIP's, group and special requests. Ensures that the VIP list and room service requisitions are accurate and complete, then distributes.
· Operates the front office computer system, posts all guests charges and payments, incurred during the shift and balance shift totals by department to backup documents.
· Prepares guest keys using key envelopes and/or room slips.
· Ensures all guest registration cards and credit cards are correctly completed and filed by room number.
· Checks all credit cards using point-of-sale authorization terminals and cancellation bulletins and obtains authorization for those accounts which have exceeded house floor limits.
· Maintains cashier float as supplied, provides currency exchange for guests and efficiently prepares cash deposit.
· Reports overages and shortages daily. Responsible to present and/or return float intact upon request.
· Communicates with housekeeping to deal with early check-ins, late check-outs, day rooms, unexpected departures, stayovers and room changes.
· Issues and controls safety deposit boxes to guests in accordance with hotel procedures.
· Mails any delayed guest charge receipts.
· Assists with room reservations and switchboard operation when necessary.
· Works to attain the best occupancy and average daily rate possible, assessing the guests and attempting to upsell.
· Reports to supervisors any guest complaints or security issues.
· Records and enters all wake-up calls and ensures they are given at the correct time to the correct room.
· Reports any equipment malfunction, emergency situations or suspicious persons to the supervisor.
· Handle all guests inquiry or complaints in an efficiently and reports any guest complaints to supervisor immediately if he/she cannot handle it personally.
· Ensures guest satisfaction.
· Follow all safety policies
· Other duties as assigned.
· Follow department policies, procedures, and service standards
· Minimum of 1 years’ experience in Hotel Front Desk role
· Knowledge PMS system is preferred
· Weekend availability and flexible working hours
· Strong analytical abilities, detail oriented and able to multitask
· High school or college diploma in Hospitality or Tourism an asset
· Advanced knowledge of Excel & Microsoft Office
· Proficient in English (verbal and written), second language an asset
· Must possess a professional presentation
· Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
· Highly responsible & reliable
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
· Available for shift work and weekends.
· Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
Expected start date: Urgently hiring
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Salary: $17.00-$20.57 per hour
• Dental care
• Extended health care
• On-site parking
• Vision care
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
· Perform routine building maintenance duties, including painting, minor electrical repairs, plumbing, carpentry etc.
· Clean interior and exterior of the building
· Comply with all safety and health regulations
· Diagnose and troubleshoot issues
· Must be available to work a variety of hours, including weekends as needed
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org