COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
We want you to know the safety of our guests and associates is our top priority
As British Columbia is entering into its next phase and slowly reopening the economy, we want you to know the safety of our guests and associates is our top priority. Our entire team is fully trained towards ensuring the restaurant is a safe space for both our guests and employees alike.
When You Dine With Us
You should have confidence when you visit us that we are doing everything we can to ensure a safe and secure environment ready for you. We are closely monitoring the World Health Organization (WHO) and local health agencies for the latest developments related to COVID-19 and following the guidance of the government and public health officials.
Please be advised that as of September 13, 2021, proof of vaccination will be required to visit some hotel facilities, as per British Columbia’s Provincial Health order. The Best Western Premier Chateau Granville hotel will require proof of vaccination to enter The Edge Social Grille & Lounge. Further information in regards to the BC Proof of Vaccination mandate can be found on the BC Government Website.
Please note all guests, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a face mask in all our indoor public spaces, as per the BC Government's PHO starting August 25, 2021.
When you visit The Edge Social Grille & Lounge, you’ll notice we've put the following new measures in place to give you peace of mind:
• All employees must read, agree to & sign the safety plan and most importantly uphold the standards included herein.
• Employees will be reminded and monitored for general hygiene including hand washing, face touching, and cross-contamination.
• The Edge Social Grille & Lounge will maintain all necessary sanitation, soap, towels & PPE for staff.
• Cleaning materials and chemicals will be separated front and back of house.
• Garbage containers will be lined with plastic garbage bags.
• Restrooms will be outfitted with warm running water, soap & paper towels.
• Hand sanitizer will be available for guests.
• Employees involved in deep cleaning will be encouraged to wear gloves & masks provided.
• Cleanliness & sanitation checklists will be updated & circulated for all stations as they change.
• Guests will be strongly encouraged to reserve tables.
• All kitchens must contain only essential personnel.
• Safety plan will be posted online.
• As required by WorkSafe BC, the occupancy limit will be posted at the entrance to the Restaurant
• Will minimize table movement.
• At the bar, individual customers or groups of customers must be seated 2 meters apart.
• Will modify shift meetings by maintaining 6 feet between attendees.
• Our policy is to avoid situations where staff have less than 1 m or 3 ft between them and a guest (particularly face-to-face connections should be distant).
• The Edge Social Grille & Lounge will ask staff and management to maintain respectful distances from coworkers and avoid additional points of physical contact between team members.
• Servers may take table orders if 6 feet away.
• Servers will leave food at the end of the table and let guests pass them once the server has stepped away.
• Our policy is to set tables without condiments. They will be brought upon request and will be single-use items.
• Our policy is to let guests forward coffee cups and water for refills without handling. If this is not possible, fresh cups and glasses will be brought to the table.
• One empty chair distance plus 3 feet or 6 feet is needed if a table is fully occupied for at table ordering. (Vancouver Coastal Health.).
• All Menus will be single-use and disposable for guests.
• Drink and food pads that guest use will be disposable.
• The restaurant will post signage, flow stickers & social distancing reminders to minimize unnecessary contact where applicable.
As we continue to battle the COVID-19 pandemic, the health, welfare and safety of our guests and associates is of paramount importance. Therefore, Best Western has adopted a policy, in accordance with guidance from the CDC and Health Canada and/or in compliance with government regulations, face coverings are required in hotel indoor public areas in the United States and Canada.
Safe Travels Stamp 2021 by the The World Travel and Tourism Council
We have further strengthened our commitment to the health and safety by earning the Safe Travels Stamp, which is endorsed by the World Tourism Organization. The World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) has recognized Chateau Granville's efforts in implementing enhanced health and safety measures, in line with the WTTC global Safe Travels protocols.